Feb 26, 2011

How To Be A Man

Why, learn The Art of Manliness, of course!

Over the past week I am reminded again that ego does not make a man. (It must have been the hundredth time I reminded myself of this adage yet I quickly forget soon after.) Why I say this is that I am aware of an intellectual pride in me, that causes me to want to write neat, proper paragraphs of text and throw in witty-sounding remarks or try to have the final say in things. Perhaps I have been reading too many books written by stuffy old men; yes, that must be the reason. And to sound clever sounds clever, so it seems.

I met up with a couple of friends over the past week, and the wall which I have been building up these few months finally offers a window to a view of green meadows and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns... Not exactly, but more like a relief to be able to share thoughts. Before Chris McCandless died, he came to realise that "happiness is only real when shared."

No comments:

Post a Comment